Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 68

Junk food is it worth it?

Thoughts: The idea is not to build up junk in your body, it's getting it out. Toxins out, nutrients in. It's easy to detoxify.

"A toxin is any element the body doesn't have a use for, like lead and mercury and hydrocarbons, and more mundane things like food colorings and hydrogenated fats," Haas explains. "These toxins are in just about everything we come into contact with: polluted air and water, pesticides in foods, and chemicals in shampoos and medications. We store them in fat cells, in the brain and in the nervous system." http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1608/is_11_18/ai_93009047/

Accumulating these inner poisons can lead to a wide range of symptoms such as sluggishness, fatigue, slow metabolism, poor digestion, skin disorders, headache or persistent coughing. (All of which, of course, do nothing to enhance your fitness regimen.) It may also increase your risk of arthritis, heart disease or cancer.

The quickest, safest means of minimizing your toxin load is to reduce your junk intake. Easy. STOP. Do it!!!

Junk food...is it worth it?

Challenges: Haha I learnt my lesson today when I ate chocolate balls before lunch! I had no other food in my stomach and chocolate balls seem to give me lots of energy and so I felt I had an overload of energy in my body, I was cleaning my surfboard and was very racy. It was like I was on speed and I've never done speed. I'm starting to feel the different energies in food and what happens to my body when I eat them.

Triumphs: Learning my lesson. Lunch before chocolate balls.

What I Ate Today:

Breakfast: a carrot. A beetroot, carrot, pineapple, celery, ginger juice.

Lunch: a nectarine. Chocolate balls with macadamia nuts. Free range chicken with honey and rosemary.

Dinner: green lettuce, rocket, spinach with advocado and sliced eggplant fried in olive oil with garlic, fresh basil and grazed with honey.

Dessert: chocolate balls.

Snacks: 3 Nectarines.

Cost:
lemons 69 cents
3 advocado $2.90
spinach $1.47
psyllium husks bulk 38 cents
almond meal $3.87
macadamia pieces $2.73
garlic $3.57
olive oil $14.39 500ml
nectarines 4 for $1.60

Exercise: Surfing at the Spit with Jaz and a romantic walk on the beach! Hehe!

297 Days To Go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment